Monday, May 23, 2011

Soft-scrubbed Go-onger


Anyone want some Go-onger? No? Well, whatever, I'm doing this anyway.

Inspired by the other Anons that are cleaning up TVN's subs, I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and bring my guilty pleasure. The existing Go-onger subs were pretty irritating because of all the verbal tics that were inexplicably left in, even though they mean absolutely nothing to an English speaker. So expect 100% less ojarus, zoyos and naris.

Go-onger is full of lame wordplay that doesn't always work in English, so if I can't think of anything suitable, I'm just going to rewrite the line. Because fuck explaining puns.

I have an HD raw for the first episode but I'll just be using the SD TV rips for the rest. I have a compressed ISO for the first DVD, but the quality's really not any better than the TV rips so I decided not to use it. And I'll provide the scripts so they can be used with DVD rips if they ever surface.

GP-01 HD http://www.multiupload.com/DQ8Z223L6J
Script: http://www.mediafire.com/?ydsc90e5zsp0b6k

EDIT: Check the other posts for the DVD rips.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this.

    I might rent/copy some of the dvds if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely interested. I love this show but I don't exactly have hundreds of dollars to spend on DVDs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get it. If a character finishes his/her sentences in a word that doesn't mean anything in English or Japanese, why remove it? It's part of that character's traits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, those words are actual parts of Japanese grammar. It's like leaving in "desu" or "gozaimasu". To reflect them in a translation would require giving the characters their own distinct speaking style.

    ReplyDelete